Collection of some best history pictures of 1900s. It includes the customers at London music store, listening the latest music records in sound proof booths, traffic on golden bridge soon after it opened, Apollo 9 Lunar Module, a World war 1 submarine, Yuri Gagarin-the first man in space, Mercedes 770K-Adolf Hitler’s present to C.G.E. Mannerheim on his 75th birthday and many more pictures that will help you to better understand the history.
1. Two border patrol officers attempt to keep a fugitive in the US, 1920s.
2. Children sitting upon lily pads in North Carolina, 1892
3. Customers at a London music store listen to the latest record releases in soundproof listening booths, 1955.
4. Theodore Roosevelt’s son and his friend Roswell Pinckney, 1902
5. Great-great-grandfather in his German police uniform & with his K-9, early 20th century
6. Traffic on the Golden Gate Bridge soon after it opened in 1937
7. Apollo 9 Lunar Module – March 6, 1969
8. Female Viet Cong Warrior c.1973.
9. Preparing for an assault on a warehouse in Stalingrad, most likely in the later part of 1942
10. Ella Fitzgerald, Duke Ellington & Benny Goodman; by Herman Leonard; NYC; 1948
11. Children in Barcelona pretending to be a firing squad at the dawn of the Spanish Civil War
12. A 1900 Photocrom of a bustling New York City street (Mulberry St)
13. U-118, a World War One submarine, washed ashore on the beach at Hastings, Sussex, England. After the surrender of Germany, its towing cable snapped as it was being towed to France for dismantling in 1919.
14. Opium Den, Singapore
15. Downtown San Francisco after the earthquake of April 18th, 1906
16. A young cigar maker in Tampa, Florida smokes in this picture taken in a cigar factory. 1909 photograph taken by Lewis Hines.
17. Yuri Gagarin, the first man in space, enjoying a drink while visiting London, England. (July 13th, 1961)
18. Beatles in action at the Cavern Club
19. “Women to the left, men to the right”. A British checkpoint restricts movement of the Northern Irish in Belfast’s commercial district – Northern Ireland, 1973.
20. Civil War Major General Amrbose Burnside, whose unusual facial hair led to the coining of the term, “sideburns.”Photo by Mathew Brady, c. 1861-1865
21. Mercedes 770K, Adolf Hitler’s present to C.G.E. Mannerheim on his 75th birthday. Mikkeli, 1941
22. Marina Ginestà of the Juventudes Comunistas, aged 17, overlooking anarchist Barcelona during the Spanish Civil War – 21 July 1937
23. 15 German soldiers in a dug out waiting for an enemy artillery barrage to lift, c. 1917.
24. “Burst of Joy”: After spending more than five years in a North Vietnamese POW camp, Lt. Col. Robert L. Stirm is reunited with his family at Travis AFB, March 13, 1973
25. Using a traditional Japanese blade, 17-year-old Otoya Yamaguchi assassinates socialist politician Inejiro Asanuma in Tokyo, Japan, October 12th, 1960.
26. A young private waits on the beach during the Marine landing at Da Nang, Vietnam, August 3, 1965
27. Vietnam, 1971
28. Replica Mayflower sails into New York Harbor November, 1957
29. German Panzerkampfwagen 38(t) tank neatly shot through the barrel – Belarus 1941
30. Park Avenue, NYC. 1964
31. The streets of Chicago 1967
32. An underwater nuclear test being conducted during Operation Dominic, Pacific Coast off California, 11 May 1962
33. Children eat their ice creams while soldiers patrol the streets of Londonderry 1979